In her complaint, Prabha stated that the BJVS works towards promoting scientific outlook, and posted on Facebook that priesthood had its impact on people, despite the progress in science and technology. Bhat, in reply to this post, said, "What do you know about Sanatana Dharma? You people, who use the saffron flag, should be banned. People like you should be raped."
Prabha filed a complaint with the Chandra Layout police in this connection on Monday, charging Bhat for threatening to rape and provoking sexual crimes against women. The police have registered a case under sections 66A (punishment for sending offensive messages through communication service) of the Information Technology Act, and sections 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace), 506 (criminal intimidation) and other sections of the IPC. The police are on the lookout for Bhat.
Where the mind is not without fear for women
A complaint has been filed against a VR Bhat who is a freelance writer and a self-proclaimed RSS worker, charging him for threatening to rape and provoking sexual crimes against women. He had allegedly commented that 'woman who are against Sanatana Dharma should be raped, on a social networking site.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs