The update to the IMBRUVICA label is based on data from the Phase 3 RESONATE study, which demonstrated IMBRUVICA significantly improved progression-free survival (PFS) and overall survival (OS) versus ofatumumab in patients with previously treated CLL or small lymphocytic leukemia (SLL).
IMBRUVICA was initially approved in
The RESONATE data expands our understanding of the efficacy and safety of IMBRUVICA to an even greater degree, said
CLL is a slow-growing blood cancer of white blood cells called lymphocytes, most commonly B cells. CLL is predominantly a disease of the elderly, with a median age of diagnosis of 72.4 In CLL, the genetic mutation del 17p occurs when part of chromosome 17 has been lost. CLL patients with del 17p have poor treatment outcomes.2 Del 17p is reported in seven percent of treatment-naÏve CLL cases, with approximately 20 to 40 percent of relapsed/refractory patients harboring the mutation.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World