The microblogging company's active membership in the quarter reached 271 million, with year-over-year growth at 24 per cent, compared with 25 per cent in the prior period, Twitter said in a statement.
That exceeded analysts' projections of 267 million monthly active users for the quarter, according to data compiled by
The slowdown, coming so soon after
"People who were negative on the company and on the stock now have reason to reconsider and re-evaluate," said
Shares jumped as high as
The stock, which closed at a record of
The company is among the most expensive in technology based on projected 2014 sales.
People viewed their Twitter timelines more often, with 173 billion views, up from 157 billion in the prior quarter.
For the current quarter, Twitter said revenue will be
"The company appears to have allayed investor fears that they can drive user growth and accelerate top revenue growth,"
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- California King Fire Roars Out of Control
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports