After spending a full day Tuesday inside the
"I thought it was my computer until I finally logged onto Facebook and saw that my colleagues were having the same problem," the
Knotts said the processing problems did not affect the exam takers' answers. But test takers said it cut into their sleep and the time they had to prepare for day 2.
"It definitely takes away from the relief that you have for finishing — that there still might be more problems," said
Knotts said he couldn't say what time the delays began or how many people were affected. The company, which administers bar exams in 43 states, listed 16 states that extended their deadlines for submitting the exams.
"We understand that is a stressful time for bar exam takers, and their experience last night was unacceptable to us," ExamSoft said in a website apology. "We will work very hard to repair the trust they have placed in our care."
"It's the most important exam they're taking in their life and any little bump in their view is significant," McAlary said. "So we do whatever we can to avoid that and that's why we will be addressing this directly with ExamSoft to find out what happened and to get assurances ... to make sure this doesn't happen again."
Test takers pay
"Once I did that four, five, six times, I thought, 'What's going on?'" said Watson, who graduated from
"It seemed a little crazy," said
Several exam takers said they welcomed the bubble sheets, filled in with pencil, for the other half of the test.
"It's really nice to be able to type your essays. I wouldn't want to have to handwrite them," said VanDerlinder, a
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- California King Fire Roars Out of Control
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy