"We continue to focus squarely on profitable growth. This means we're disciplined with our capital and invest wisely in high-return projects," said CEO
"This prudent approach and our cash generating ability have enabled us to increase our quarterly dividend to shareholders."
Net income was
But operating earnings, which strip out the effects of unusual items, were stronger at
On a per-share basis, operating earnings were
Cash flow from operations was
The company took a
Production in the oilsands averaged 378,000 barrels per day during the quarter, up form 276,000 barrels a year earlier.
Company-wide output averaged 518,400 barrels per day, compared to 500,100 during the same 2013 quarter.
Cash operating costs in the oilsands were down about 27 per cent.
And the firm has also lowered its capital spending target for this year to
_ Follow @LaurenKrugel on
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season