Short-coverings by operators ahead of expiry of July contract tomorrow also aided the sentiment at the fag end.
Besides banking and auto counters, HDFC,
However, construction and engineering giant,
However, telecom services major,
The 30-share barometer resumed lower and dipped to a low of 25,850.04, lowest since
The Sensex had plunged by over 280 points or 1.07 per cent in last two trading sessions in a row.
The wide-based 50-issue Nifty of the NSE also recovered by 42.70 points or 0.55 per cent to 7,791.40.
The overnight fall in the US market also affected the market sentiment as President
In line with the recovery in local equities, the Indian rupee also washed out early losses and closed up by
Fresh dollar selling by exporters too aided the rupee rise while sustained buying by FIIs and firm dollar overseas capped the rupee rise.
At the Interbank Foreign Exchange (Forex) market, the domestic currency resumed lower at 60.21 a dollar from Monday's close of 60.13 — the forex market was closed on Tuesday on account of Eid — and moved down further to a low of 60.24 on weak local stocks.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Iran Digs in on Underground Nuclear Site
- Existing Home Sales in U.S. Fell in August
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green