Reports from V. Bansal et al Highlight Recent Findings in Vaccines (Evaluation of synergistic effect of biodegradable polymeric nanoparticles and aluminum based adjuvant for improving vaccine efficacy)
The news reporters obtained a quote from the research, "The present study demonstrates the synergistic effect of admixture of polylactic acid-polyethylene glycol (PLA-PEG) based biodegradable nanoparticles (NPs) and aluminum phosphate as a potential adjuvant system using tetanus toxoid (TT) as a model antigen. The immunological activity of the admixture formulation was maintained up to 180 days of storage at 5 degrees C +/- 3 degrees C. Percent adsorption/encapsulation of tetanus toxoid increased to nearly 90% in admixture formulation as compared to 55% in conventional vaccine. Admixture preparation (PLA-PEG-Al 0.2 mg-TT and PLA-Al 0.2 mg-TT) showed 80% and 50% survival respectively, even at 180 days as compared to 30% survival observed in the conventional tetanus vaccine."
According to the news reporters, the research concluded: "The present study established the feasibility to formulate a dosage form with improved efficacy and reduced aluminum concentration for vaccination."
For more information on this research see: Evaluation of synergistic effect of biodegradable polymeric nanoparticles and aluminum based adjuvant for improving vaccine efficacy.
Our news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained by contacting V. Bansal,
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006