The latest generation of OpenBTS provides developers with greater access to real-time network information, opening the door to new network applications and services by leveraging OpenBTS's layered, IP-based architecture. The release also adds significant improvements in system performance achieved through a major rewrite of the Layer 2 architecture, furthering the migration of multiprotocol radio access network (RAN) infrastructure to low cost, standard hardware using open source software.
Keywords for this news article include: Software, Range Networks.
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- Back to School, Even in Immigration Jail
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- Apple: Record iPhones 6 Orders on 1st Day
- U.S. Factory Output Slowed 0.4 Percent in August
- Is a Mayweather, Pacquiao Big-Money Fight Possible?
- Clinton: 'Fabulous to Be Back' in Iowa
- 'No Good Deed' Defeats 'Guardians' at Theaters