This breakthrough ultrasound device can be easily transported wherever care is needed, and its quick-start technology and long battery life make it an ideal system for physician offices, hospitals and other clinical settings.
"VISIQ marks a new vision in ultrasound for Philips by allowing physicians to perform on-the-spot diagnostic scans, limiting the need for patients to go to multiple locations or schedule return visits," said
VISIQ's touch-screen gesture controls are familiar to anyone who has used a smartphone or tablet. It allows users to easily capture images, take measurements and share data. In addition, VISIQ offers many of the automatic image optimization features found on Philips' premium
At the heart of the VISIQ system is a smart transducer that fits comfortably into the user's hand. Drawing on more than 30 years of experience in ultrasound, Philips has taken advantage of advances in miniaturization to integrate a sophisticated broadband micro-digital beam former and powerful image acquisition module into the transducer. VISIQ targets OB and abdominal applications and lays the foundation for a future range of portable ultrasound products to meet the evolving needs of clinicians and patients.
"Portable and convenient, VISIQ is so intuitive, with remarkable, easy-to-use measurement capabilities for maternal-fetal medicine specialists or general obstetricians," said Dr.
VISIQ is also commercially available in
For more information on VISIQ and the full suite of Philips innovative ultrasound solutions, visit: http://www.philips.com/VISIQ.
Keywords for this news article include: Technology,
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes