The patent's assignee for patent number 8786567 is
News editors obtained the following quote from the background information supplied by the inventors: "Commercial stage lighting is used in commercial environments and typically remotely controllable, and produces a light output greater than 1000 lumen. This kind of lighting is often set up and taken down as part of a show.
"It may be advantageous to include controls that facilitate setting up the device. These devices are often connected to a network via a network connection. The network connection can be for example ethernet, DMX,
"When these lights are placed in a network, each light has an address that identifies it on the network."
As a supplement to the background information on this patent, VerticalNews correspondents also obtained the inventor's summary information for this patent: "Embodiments a simplified system of entering an address that identifies a light on the network, using existing hardware.
"A special set of screens for a touchpad is defined."
For additional information on this patent, see:
Keywords for this news article include: Software,
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World