ENP Newswire -
Release date- 29072014 -
The Optical Gunfire, Rockets and Explosive Flash Detection (OGRE) system uses high-speed cameras to capture the signature of a fired weapon or detonation and provide precise source coordinates to ground troops. OGRE is coupled with an existing acoustic sensor developed by the
The combined OGRE-acoustic unit, called Serenity, creates a dual threat validation process that significantly reduces false positive identifications. The system works in combination with full-motion video and wide-area surveillance sensors to locate and identify the locations of hostile fire.
The integration of visual and acoustic technology dramatically increases the detection range and accuracy in comparison to existing systems. OGRE's enhanced wide-area capability provides forces with real-time operational intelligence, allowing them to respond quickly.
The Serenity system will be integrated with Logos Technologies' aerostat-based Kestrel sensor system, allowing operators to not only see attacks as they happen, but also access DVR-like forensic playback when necessary. Serenity will detect flash events such as rocket and mortar launches and explosive detonations making it uniquely suited to protect forward-deployed bases.
As troop levels are reduced over the coming years, OGRE and its variants will act as a force multiplier for warfighters, offering constant protection without the need for additional personnel. The system's lightweight design is also adaptable to unmanned and fixed-wing platforms, allowing these aircraft to closely support land forces even in the face of heavy enemy fire.
About Logos Technologies
Founded in 1996,
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- Hope Solo Sets Shutout Record in US Rout of Mexico
- Hurdles for Obama Health Law in Second Enrollment Season
- Etsy Says 'No' to Redskins Logo, Name
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Sneak Peek: A Roundup of 2015 New Models