The electronics manufacturer has announced a 165 percent increase in second-quarter net profit compared with the same period last year, reflecting strong earnings from both the TV and mobile operations.
LG reported second-quarter 2014 net profit of US
The mobile phone sales were 20 percent more than last year and
As a result, sales increased 16 percent from the same period last year to US
LG plans to continue its global rollout of the G3 and introduce more mass tier products in the second half, including variations of the LG G3, such as the recently announced G3 Beat, and additional L Series models.The G3 is equipped with a 13 megapixel rear-facing camera with dual-LED (dual tone) flash and a 2.1 MP front-facing camera.
The new device can shoot 4K (3,840 x 2,160) videos. The killer camera features of LG G3 include 'Laser Autofocus Sensor' and 'Selfie' Mode. LG claims that the laser autofocus sensor functionality is very quick as it takes only 0.276 seconds to focus.
"The smartest innovation in a fast evolving smartphone market is creating harmony between advanced technology and a simplified user experience," said
The successor to the company's well-received LG G2 is a culmination of consumer research based on LG's product development philosophy, Learning from You. "It was developed under the theme Simple is the New Smart concept comes with a fingerprint-proof metallic skin and four times the resolution of HD and almost two times higher resolution than a Full HD display," said
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say