The electronics manufacturer has announced a 165 percent increase in second-quarter net profit compared with the same period last year, reflecting strong earnings from both the TV and mobile operations.
LG reported second-quarter 2014 net profit of US
The mobile phone sales were 20 percent more than last year and
As a result, sales increased 16 percent from the same period last year to US
LG plans to continue its global rollout of the G3 and introduce more mass tier products in the second half, including variations of the LG G3, such as the recently announced G3 Beat, and additional L Series models.The G3 is equipped with a 13 megapixel rear-facing camera with dual-LED (dual tone) flash and a 2.1 MP front-facing camera.
The new device can shoot 4K (3,840 x 2,160) videos. The killer camera features of LG G3 include 'Laser Autofocus Sensor' and 'Selfie' Mode. LG claims that the laser autofocus sensor functionality is very quick as it takes only 0.276 seconds to focus.
"The smartest innovation in a fast evolving smartphone market is creating harmony between advanced technology and a simplified user experience," said
The successor to the company's well-received LG G2 is a culmination of consumer research based on LG's product development philosophy, Learning from You. "It was developed under the theme Simple is the New Smart concept comes with a fingerprint-proof metallic skin and four times the resolution of HD and almost two times higher resolution than a Full HD display," said
Most Popular Stories
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- Samsung Phones Cleared For U.S. Government Use
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief