During the second quarter of 2014, Changelight ordered multiple TurboDisc® MaxBright® M™ GaN Metal Organic Chemical Vapor Deposition (MOCVD) Systems. In addition, Changelight purchased a TurboDisc K475™ MOCVD system to expand its production of red, orange and yellow (ROY) LEDs.
“In the past we have used competitive MOCVD equipment for the majority of our production of ROY LEDs,” said Professor Wang Xiangwu,
The MaxBright M offers a modular, compact design for improved serviceability and up to 15% improved footprint efficiency compared to the standard MaxBright MOCVD system. It features more layout configuration options to fit various fab spacing requirements, including sub-floor storage, enabling more wafer starts per square foot, which translates into a lower cost of ownership.
“Changelight’s decision to purchase Veeco’s MOCVD platform for its GaN LED production reflects our ability to develop innovative manufacturing solutions with the best performance,” said
About Xiamen Changelight Co., Ltd.
Xiamen Changelight Co., Ltd was established in
Veeco’s process equipment solutions enable the manufacture of LEDs, flexible OLED displays, power electronics, hard drives, MEMS and wireless chips. We are the market leader in MOCVD, MBE,
To the extent that this news release discusses expectations or otherwise makes statements about the future, such statements are forward-looking and are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from the statements made. These factors include the risks discussed in the Business Description and Management's Discussion and Analysis sections of Veeco's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop