The central bank positions IoF to be a supplement of the traditional financial industry and emphasizes the traditional financial industry is the mainstream. Since the central bank believes IoF does not change the nature of financial risk, therefore, it needs to be strengthened supervision.
An IoF researcher said the opinion is basically consistent with the rumor-said attitude of the central bank and the regulator does not hope to see direct competition between IoF and the traditional financial industry and hopes IoF to play a role in small, micro and individual fields hard to be covered by traditional financial institutions.
Five major areas in IoF shall be mainly supervised, such as online payment, P2P online lending, crowd funding, online fund sale and online insurance.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World