The company, which provides pet food, accessories and veterinary services across more than 380 outlets, has seen a sharp decline in its share price since floating in March.
It is one of several market debutantes including
Total sales jumped 10.4 per cent to £210.8m as it opened 10 new stores, 16 vet practices and 19 grooming salons.
"Overall, first quarter delivery provides us with comfort around our current full year expectations," Nomura analysts said.
Another 400,000 members signed up to its VIP club for pampered pooches, taking it to 2.4m, up from 2m at the start of the year.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed