The company, which provides pet food, accessories and veterinary services across more than 380 outlets, has seen a sharp decline in its share price since floating in March.
It is one of several market debutantes including
Total sales jumped 10.4 per cent to £210.8m as it opened 10 new stores, 16 vet practices and 19 grooming salons.
"Overall, first quarter delivery provides us with comfort around our current full year expectations," Nomura analysts said.
Another 400,000 members signed up to its VIP club for pampered pooches, taking it to 2.4m, up from 2m at the start of the year.
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Stock Market Seesaw Gives Investors Pause
- 'Twilight's' Kristen Stewart Captures Work of Guantánamo Guards in 'Camp X-Ray'
- Weight Loss Claim for Green Coffee Beans Doesn't Hold Water
- Mexico's Pemex Reports Loss
- Holdout Files New Complaint Against Argentina Over Defaulted Debt
- Europe's Bank Test Aims to Strengthen Economy
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham
- Beepi Eases Peer-to-peer Auto Sales
- Ebola in New York, Mali Raises Travel Jitters