The company, which provides pet food, accessories and veterinary services across more than 380 outlets, has seen a sharp decline in its share price since floating in March.
It is one of several market debutantes including
Total sales jumped 10.4 per cent to £210.8m as it opened 10 new stores, 16 vet practices and 19 grooming salons.
"Overall, first quarter delivery provides us with comfort around our current full year expectations," Nomura analysts said.
Another 400,000 members signed up to its VIP club for pampered pooches, taking it to 2.4m, up from 2m at the start of the year.
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop