The dictionary app is based on the classic version of
The app includes the full wordlist and sample entries to preview before buying, making it ideal for users who want to determine whether the content is suitable for their language level, and includes the words they need or use the most. The app allows users to quickly and easily navigate through and try out the dictionary, as well as experience the most advanced search and learning features.
• British and American audio pronunciations, recorded by native speakers of English.
• Flash Card Quiz to help you memorize new words and test your pronunciation as many times as you wish.
• Favourites - to help you quickly access frequently searched words.
• Search History to revise your recent searches.
• Table of irregular verbs provides a useful reference resource Search and navigation features:
• Full text search feature allows you to look up words more efficiently throughout the whole dictionary, including headwords and usage examples.
• Easy copy-and-paste functions mean you can copy words to the clipboard for automatic entry display.
• PenReader multilingual handwriting recognition support.
• List of similar words in case of misspelling.
• Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use "?" and "*" symbols to replace the missing letters.
• English morphology module helps to find words in any grammatical form.
• Search for anagrams (e.g. tab-bat).
• Hyperlinks between articles. Interface features:
• iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c support.
• Enhanced customization options allow you to modify animated menus and choose background colors.
• Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort.
• Landscape-mode support.
• Fully iPad optimized interface.
• No Internet connection required: purchase a dictionary once and use it on your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch without any additional expense.
Requirements: iOS 7.0 and above. Android 2.2 or above. Mac OS X 10.7 or above.
Availability: The app is available for the in-app purchase with the in-app dictionary catalogue "
Mac OS: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id844870200?mt=12
Notes to Editors
Its extensive peer-reviewed publishing lists comprise 50,000 titles covering academic research, professional development, over 340 research journals, school-level education, English language teaching and bible publishing.
Playing a leading role in today's international market place,
For further information, go to http://www.cambridge.org
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/08/prweb12058263.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say