New York, NY (PRWEB) July 30, 2014
Adorama, one of the world's largest photography, video, imaging and electronics retailers, is hosting a number of complimentary workshops, seminars and vendor days throughout the month of August. The educational events will cover a variety of topics including photography, mobile, and fundamental topics relevant to all consumer electronics users. Open to the public, all events will take place at the Adorama store, located at 42 West 18th Street in Manhattan.
For updates, the latest information on upcoming events and to register for Adorama in-store events, please visit Adorama's event calendar at http://www.eventbrite.com/o/adorama-2821855680?s=25182583.
Mobile Devices 101
• August 4, 2014: Exploring No-Fee Photo and Editing Apps The best camera is the camera that's on hand, and with smartphone cameras becoming more and more powerful, everyone can snap fantastic photos whenever the opportunity for that perfect shot arises. This class will examine a few no-fee photography and photo editing applications that can provide more control over shots and help polish photos before they're shared.
• August 25, 2014: WWDC Recap – What to Expect from iOS 8 The Apple Worldwide Developers Conference took place late this spring, and the keynote presentation focused on the new features of iOS 8. As many users are still catching up on the updates, this seminar will go over these many new and innovative features before the operating system is released to the public this fall. Find out what's changing and what to expect with iOS 8. Computers 101
• August 11, 2014: Organizing iTunes With the Apple iTunes store, users have access to millions of songs, TV shows, movies and more. With all that content available, it's easy to get lost in purchases. This introductory class aims to familiarize attendees with how the iTunes library works and discuss best practices for organizing an iTunes library, showing attendees how to locate what they want to hear and see faster.
• August 18, 2014: Sharing/Synchronizing Data Across Multiple Devices People today are device-crazed – almost everyone has some combination of computer, tablet, smartphone, smart TV, smart home network – some people have all of them. With so many "smart" devices, how does one ensure he/she is safely storing data without consuming extra space with duplicates? This class will discuss preferred workflows, teaching attendees how to continue working from any device while keeping a backup copy, in case of any hiccups. Seminars
• August 5, 2014: Michael Artsis Demonstrates Multicam Recording with iOS Michael Artsis is a five-time Emmy award-winning reporter and video journalist. Drawing from experience gained from his impressive career, Michael will explore how to create multicam content painlessly, effortlessly and quickly from iOS devices. A freelancer for Fast Company, Newsday and several other organizations, Michael does sports, tech, entertainment, general news, live reporting and more. He also owns a high-end digital marketing company specializing in video and photo production.
• August 12, 2014: Laura Little on Photography and Entrepreneurship Renowned British photographer and studio manager Laura Little will talk about her path to entrepreneurship, her insights on the photography industry and her track record as a successful venue manager. Laura presently works as a photographer, creative director and manager of 28on27 and 1315, two multi-purpose spaces in New York City. For more information on Laura, her work and her two venues, please visit: http://www.lauralittleart.com, http://www.28on27.com and http://www.1315studios.com.
• August 19, 2014: Todd Maisel on Finishing Photos in the Field The photojournalist is the epitome of the "run and gun" style of shooting. Getting the right shot at the right moment can make all the difference in the field, and getting those shots edited and sent out from the field are vital skills to make sure that your photographs are first to hit the front page. In this seminar, New York Daily News photographer Todd Maisel discusses his techniques for shooting and how he makes sure his pictures are cleaned up and ready for publication all while on the road.
• August 26, 2014: Meet and Greet with the Photo Brigade In this seminar, the photographers of The Photo Brigade will show some of their amazing work. From top news stories to parties, the Photo Brigade promotes work from freelance photographers to a larger audience. Several of the photographers will be present to speak to attendees about their shooting experiences, their work and their tips on how to maintain momentum as a freelance photographer in New York. Visit the Photo Brigade at: http://thephotobrigade.com/. Vendor Days
• August 6, 2014: Photoflex and Hoodman Shooting Solutions Photoflex and Hoodman accessories are ideal additions to a camera bag for shooting the last trips of summer vacation. From reflectors that help shooters work with available light, to loupes that help photographers see image previews on an LCD screen, Photoflex and Hoodman have the best solutions for traveling photographers. Steven Rossi, representative from Photoflex and Hoodman, will be available during this event to answer any questions about attendees' unique photography needs.
• August 13, 2014: Tokina A comprehensive optical manufacturer, Kenko Tokina manufactures everything from binoculars and microscopes to filters and a full range of photographic and optical accessories. It is one of the largest OEM specialty binocular manufacturers, supplying one of the world's leading brands. A representative from Tokina will be available during this event to answer any questions regarding their lenses.
• August 13, 2014: X-Rite X-Rite is the global leader in color science and technology. The company, which now includes color industry leader Pantone, Inc., develops, manufactures, markets and supports innovative color solutions through measurement systems, software, color standards and services. A X-Rite representative will be available during this event to answer any questions regarding their lenses.
• August 20, 2014: Canon Cameras Canon is one of the most recognized brands in the photography industry. Their commitment to innovative cameras and imaging solutions places them as an industry leader. Come by the store to learn more about Canon's latest camera offerings from a Canon representative and ask any questions regarding Canon lenses.
• August 27, 2014: Transcend Since its founding in 1988, Transcend Information, Inc. has strived to become a leading global brand of digital storage, multimedia and industrial products. Transcend focuses their products around quality and service, two aspects that make their way into their products. From USB flash drives to memory cards and internal computer memory, Transcend has a solution for all memory needs. A representative from Transcend will be available during this event to answer any questions regarding their memory solutions.
Stay in Touch
Follow Adorama on Facebook and Twitter as well as the Adorama Learning Center to learn more about in-store events and workshops. Additional workshops and events will be added as they are confirmed.
ADORAMA: More Than a Camera Store
Adorama is more than a camera store – it's one of the world's largest photography, video, imaging and electronics retailers. Serving customers for more than 35 years, Adorama has grown from its flagship NYC store to include the leading online destination for photography, video and consumer electronics. Adorama's vast product offerings encompass home entertainment, mobile computing, and professional video and audio, while its services include an in-house photo lab, AdoramaPix, pro equipment rental at Adorama Rental Company, and the award-winning Adorama Learning Center, which offers free education for photographers in online channels such as the popular Adorama TV.
Adorama is listed as one of the top five electronics retailers by Consumer Reports, "Best of the Web" by Forbes.com, Internet Retailers Top 100, and is the official Electronics Retailer of the NY Giants.
Visit ADORAMA at http://www.adorama.com.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/08/prweb12058631.htm