PHOENIX - Cornerback Patrick Peterson says he has reached agreement on a five-year, $70 million contract with the Arizona Cardinals, with $48 million guaranteed.
Peterson revealed the terms via twitter Tuesday night. The Cardinals announced the deal a short time later, but did not disclose the terms.
Peterson has made the Pro Bowl in each of his three seasons in the NFL, first as a kick returner then the last two seasons at cornerback, after Arizona made him the No. 5 pick overall out of LSU in 2011.
He had two years left on his original contract after Arizona had picked up its fifth-year option earlier this year.
Original headline: Peterson reveals via tweet that he's agreed to a 5-year, $70 million contract with Cardinals
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Microsoft Beats Income Expectations
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan