That metropolitan area is home to nearly four million people and in recent years it has confronted problems associated with demographic and epidemiological change. The population is aging quickly; the number of people over the age of 50 has doubled between 1980 and 2012.
Doctors have also observed a rise in risk factors associated with chronic diseases and the incidence of them. In 2010, 40 percent of the population of
In order for the structure of the health care system (http://www.iadb.org/en/topics/health/health,1238.html) to be in a stronger position to address these challenges, the program will finance the creation of an integrated services network with a focus on primary care as the gateway to broadening access to and the quality, continuity and efficiency of the network's services. The program will finance investment to boost management and enhance access to and quality of all the phases of the health care services chain.
With an eye to prevention and primary care, the plan calls for building 13 public gymnasiums (so-called health academies), nine social and mental health care centers, 11 basic health care clinics and a facility specializing in the health of workers. As for specialized care, seven new integrated health care centers will be built, and the existing network of hemotherapy--the use of blood or blood derivatives--will be boosted so as to improve emergency care.
The program will also finance the construction and equipping of the region's Hospital Metropolitano. It will provide
The loan is over 25 years, with a grace period of 5.5 years and an interest rate pegged to the LIBOR. The local contribution is
TNS 30BautistaJude 140731-4814111 30BautistaJude
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval