BoC said it was lowering its base rate from 5.25 per cent to 5.0 per cent, its housing loan rate to 3.25 per cent from 3.50 per cent, and its business loan rate from 4.25 per cent to 4.0 per cent.
"Customers will directly benefit from the Base Rate reduction as it will be applied to 38,000 housing loans, 77,000 current accounts and 200,000 other personal/business loans," the lender said.
The decision was part of the bank's commitment to support and strengthen the island's economy.
The announcement came two days after the bank, forced to seize clients' deposits to recapitalise last year, raised €1.0 billion in fresh capital.
Send to Kindle
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine
- Utah Hosts US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Meeting
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips