"The attempt to shift tuition costs from the taxpayer to the student has clearly failed, as close to half of the loans will not be repaid, with the government picking up the tab. Moves to sell off the student loan book to fund additional student numbers appear to have been abandoned, and now fees are too high for most students to repay, but not high enough to finance university courses.
"Undeterred, former higher education minister
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison