This was not good enough for the market, however, as the consensus was for
The company had ramped up production in the second quarter, after maintenance work hindered first-quarter output.
The company's cash costs were in line with the previous quarter and full-year guidance at
"A reasonable result with byproduct credits at Los Pelambres offsetting some moderate underperformance at other assets," said Investec research.
"The company continues to look expensive, but offers the closest correlation to copper prices of
The company said that the construction of the Antucoya mine remains on time and on budget, with 86 per cent of the project completed as of 30 June.
Like the rest of the sector,
In March, it revealed a 30.1 per cent fall in full-year earnings to
Shares closed 4.6 per cent lower at 816p.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006