The improved profit outlook came as the Irish flag carrier airline revealed operating profit in the second quarter had risen to €38.7m, a 33 per cent improvement on the same period last year, and its best second quarter profits in five years.
First half revenues were up six per cent to €697.2m as fare revenue per seat rose over five per cent to €89.18.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006