WD has launched the latest additions to its My Book Duo range of dual drive desktop storage.
The My Book devices uses two drives in a true RAID configuration for better performance and more reliability than a single drive device.
The drives are available in 4 TB, 6 TB and 8 TB capacities, and come with WD Smartware Pro backup software and
The My Book Duo also has 256-bit AES hardware encryption and password protection to provide ultimate hardware and software security.
The USB 3.0 connection and dual drive configuration enables transfer speeds up to 290 MB/s. Optimized for small RAID environments, the integrated WD Red hard drives with true hardware RAID increase performance and reduce data bottlenecks.
Preconfigured in RAID (Redundant Array of Independent Disks) 0 for maximum performance and capacity, My Book Duo offers users the flexibility to take advantage of mirror mode (RAID 1) for ultimate data protection or use JBOD configuration to use the drives individually. In mirror mode (RAID 1) the drives continuously maintains a second copy of all digital files for real-time data backup. One drive is used to store the user's data while the second drive is used for a duplicate copy. In the unlikely event that one drive fails, all of the user's data is still available from the other drive.
"From creative pros and expert consumers to everyday content creators - people with large amounts of data will find My Book Duo thefastand reliable way to offload content from their computers, organize it in a single location and protect it with backups, passwords and encryption," said
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006