The ISM is a trade group of purchasing managers.
The services survey covers businesses that employ 90 percent of the workforce, including retail, construction, health care and financial services firms.
The services index bounced back after sliding to the lowest level in four years in February in the midst of a bitter winter that caused restaurants and stores to close across the country.
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Gasoline Costs Drive Consumer Price Increases
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Illegal Immigration Near Historic Low, Despite What You May Have Heard
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Russians Fed Steady Diet of Conspiracy Theories
- Google Chrome Bug Draining Batteries: Report
- Saudi Arabia Will Open Stock Market to Foreigners
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American