The ISM is a trade group of purchasing managers.
The services survey covers businesses that employ 90 percent of the workforce, including retail, construction, health care and financial services firms.
The services index bounced back after sliding to the lowest level in four years in February in the midst of a bitter winter that caused restaurants and stores to close across the country.
Most Popular Stories
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- Intruder Gets into White House
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas