The VistA Core project work is designed to strengthen and expand veteran healthcare services. Work under the contract enables greater interoperability of systems and healthcare records and will meet the highest security standards.
ASM also will update VistA s Computerized Patient Record System (CPRS), providing a modern, web-based access to patient records. CPRS is a critical component of VistA that provides clinicians, managers, support staff and researchers an integrated patient record management system which provides a single interface for physicians to manage patient care and records.
VistA Enterprise Core Services will modernize the VistA workflow and information access throughout the continuum of patient care for our veterans, said
Work under the contract also will help improve data sharing across the VA, including care transitions and implementation of standards of care. ASM will deliver technical architecture, clinical analysis, software development, engineering management and training to support VistA modernization. This work will help the VA build the next level of patient care capabilities within VistA.
The VA s ability to improve data interoperability will have a dramatic effect on the VA s provision of the quality of care, patient safety and healthcare outcomes, said
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Rocket Explodes During U.S. Test Flight
- Koch Brothers Took Genes, Money in Different Directions
- Short-Term Loans Comes at a Heavy Price
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures