The fund's mandate is to provide attractive returns to its investors by making equity investments, along with IFC, in a diversified portfolio of funds and companies. It has commitments from eight investors, including two private pension funds from
Addressing climate change is a strategic priority for the
The fund gives investors access to IFC s investment pipeline in selected specialist investment funds focused on building companies and projects in low-carbon power generation, energy and water efficiency, and resource efficiency sectors more broadly. At the same time, the fund enhances IFC s investment activities in the climate sector, a critical issue for its member countries. The fund is managed by an AMC team based in
The rapid growth of developing countries is increasing consumption of energy, water, and other key resources with significant implications for the environment. Private equity and venture-capital funds are uniquely suited to financing climate-related investments because they possess the expertise to back innovative projects, support early-stage companies, and help such companies improve their technical and operating capacity. The fund and its investors will benefit from the growth of private equity in emerging markets focused on these sectors.
IFC has invested more than
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Obama on Labor Day: Don't Take Rights for Granted
- Buyer's Remorse on Common Core for Policymakers?
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- California Passes First US Statewide Bag Ban
- American Airlines Back on Obitz
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps