The fund's mandate is to provide attractive returns to its investors by making equity investments, along with IFC, in a diversified portfolio of funds and companies. It has commitments from eight investors, including two private pension funds from
Addressing climate change is a strategic priority for the
The fund gives investors access to IFC s investment pipeline in selected specialist investment funds focused on building companies and projects in low-carbon power generation, energy and water efficiency, and resource efficiency sectors more broadly. At the same time, the fund enhances IFC s investment activities in the climate sector, a critical issue for its member countries. The fund is managed by an AMC team based in
The rapid growth of developing countries is increasing consumption of energy, water, and other key resources with significant implications for the environment. Private equity and venture-capital funds are uniquely suited to financing climate-related investments because they possess the expertise to back innovative projects, support early-stage companies, and help such companies improve their technical and operating capacity. The fund and its investors will benefit from the growth of private equity in emerging markets focused on these sectors.
IFC has invested more than
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border