The new Freescale Kinetis KV1x Microcontroller Family, available from
In order to help meet compliance with IEC?60730 safety standards for household appliances, Kinetis KV1x MCUs have two independent watchdogs to help ensure the safe operation of on-chip firmware. In addition, a hardware Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC) engine allows safety verification of the validity of the contents of the Flash memory, as well as checking the integrity of all onboard serial communications.
Target applications for Kinetis KV1x series MCUs include brushless DC motor control, stepper motor control, and low voltage DC motor control.
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Pending Home Sales in U.S. Rise in Hopeful Sign
- Visual Search Sounds Cool, Remains Elusive
- Texans Look for Perry-Cruz Showdown in 2016
- Josh Gordon Loses Appeal, Out for Season
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women