The new Freescale Kinetis KV1x Microcontroller Family, available from
In order to help meet compliance with IEC?60730 safety standards for household appliances, Kinetis KV1x MCUs have two independent watchdogs to help ensure the safe operation of on-chip firmware. In addition, a hardware Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC) engine allows safety verification of the validity of the contents of the Flash memory, as well as checking the integrity of all onboard serial communications.
Target applications for Kinetis KV1x series MCUs include brushless DC motor control, stepper motor control, and low voltage DC motor control.
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply