Royal Bank of
As the bank continues its push to pare down its global and investment banking operations and instead concentrate on
Nearly 40 percent of the new investment will be assigned toward digital initiatives, with 25 percent committed to infrastructure and systems and 35 percent to be used by the branches.
The bank said half of retail transactions would come through mobile channels by 2017, up from the current 40 percent.
In the meantime, branch transactions are expected to represent 5 percent of the business in 2017, down from the existing 13 percent.
The investments are meant to support these trends.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- Detroit Muslim Conference Stirs Controversy
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Immigration Delay Throws Both Parties a Curve