The Bank has supported the Government s gas sector reforms and implementation strategy for the past decade since the approval of the original
The objective of the
The overall project consists of two components: (a) the gas storage facility, and (b) network expansion. The additional loan would finance
The Tuz GÖlÜ underground gas storage facility is located in an underground salt formation close to Tuz GÖlÜ a salt lake in South Central Turkey. The facility, upon completion, will have a storage capacity of about 960 million cubic meters of working gas and 460 million cubic meters of cushion gas (the portion of gas which is required to remain in the cavern to maintain its integrity). The facility will have the capacity to deliver 40 million cubic meters of gas per day for up to 20 days, and can be refilled at the rate of 30 million cubic meters per day over a period of 25 days.
On the occasion of the loan approval
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go