Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research from the
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "This observation is relevant to an exploration of the physical properties of cybotactic de Vries phases and gives a hint as to their optoelectronic applications."
For more information on this research see: Cybotactic behavior in the de Vries smectic-A* liquid-crystal structure formed by a silicon-containing molecule. Physical Review E, Statistical, Nonlinear, and Soft Matter Physics, 2014;89(3):032502.
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Intruder Gets into White House
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut