The Stockton Center on Successful Aging (SCOSA) is sponsoring a yearlong series of craft workshops for older adults at the
"Salt of the Earth" Creative Writing & Sensory Craft Bring a story to share with the class that you have written about your "Salt of the Earth" figure and how they helped you become the person you are today. Discover what "scents" spark memories of your "salt" and create a salt and herbal mix to use at home, rounding out your sensory experience. Level: Beginner.
Watercolor Woven Brooch (Sessions 1 & 2) Session 1: Explore your personality by painting an abstract watercolor on paper while learning color blending & mixing techniques. Session 2: Return with your watercolor, cut and weave it into a paper brooch, add fix weaving palette onto fabric backing and add a touch of whimsy to complete the brooch. Level: Beginner. All materials and tools provided by instructor. Participants must attend both sessions.
Fall Decor Needle Felted Acorns Needle Felted Acorns in Display Bowl: Use needle felting techniques to make colorful wool acorns to display in your selected bowl. Level: Beginner.
"Home" Creative Writing & Color Craft Bring a story you have written about your ideas of "home" to share with the class, then use it to create a color painting as creative expression to share with family and friends. Level:
Holiday Paper Craft Create small, medium, and large folded paper stars all using the same techniques.
Use these stars to adorn a window, garland or tree in your home during the holiday season.
TNS 18DejucosGrace-140703-30FurigayJane-4786997 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- Spiders Get Bigger, Reproduce Faster in Cities
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Why BofA Won't Pay $17 Billion After All
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Obama Weighs Move on Legal Immigration
- Eric Holder Arrives in Ferguson