A reply to a DA parliamentary question has revealed that the
According to the reply, a State Security official, LN Dova, has been using a Diners Club Card for Foreign Intelligence Services Liaison "entertainment".
The former Minister of Finance,
When the instruction note was eventually issued, the
The DA will request that the Department launch an urgent investigation as to whether this is in violation of Treasury's cost-cutting measures introduced by the former Minister, and take appropriate action against the Minister and the Department if they are found guilty.
The DA will also be submitting further parliamentary questions to ascertain all details relating to the department's credit card usage over the last term.
It is critical that this investigation happens as soon as possible. A clear message must be sent to South Africans that government will walk the talk in cutting wasteful expenditure. This is money that could be better spent on improving the quality of service delivery.
The DA will continue to closely monitor government expenditure so that we can be absolutely certain that every single cent is spent to the benefit of all our people.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment