Part of the fund would also be applied to the financing of renewable energy and energy efficiency projects in
According to a statement from the bank, of the total amount,
The Chief Executive of
"We will continue to explore various channels of credit to empower small and medium-sized businesses. We recognise that the SME and energy sectors form an integral part of the Nigerian economy as a whole.
> "As a result, we will remain at the forefront to empower our clients and help them achieve their business goals," Sanni said.
He appreciated the trust bestowed on the bank by the AfDB in granting the facility.
The AfDB highlighted financial inclusion as part of CBN's drive to diversify the Nigerian economy.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Koch Brothers Took Genes, Money in Different Directions
- Rocket Explodes During U.S. Test Flight
- Short-Term Loans Comes at a Heavy Price
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures