With his impressive lineage as Sir
Not quite "fight them on the beaches", but "fight them from the boardroom" perhaps.
Yesterday's muted share reaction to a seriously gloomy trading update shows that investors are still confident in Soames' ability to defend their cause.
But there were very few glimmers of light for
First-half margins will be much lower, as expected, and
All eyes will be on the results of Soames' nine month long strategic review, set to be announced next March. Until then, the company is in a state of flux, with its outlook unknown to shareholders, the market and perhaps even to Soames himself.
Most Popular Stories
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Risks of Layoffs Becoming Rarer in U.S.
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks