With his impressive lineage as Sir
Not quite "fight them on the beaches", but "fight them from the boardroom" perhaps.
Yesterday's muted share reaction to a seriously gloomy trading update shows that investors are still confident in Soames' ability to defend their cause.
But there were very few glimmers of light for
First-half margins will be much lower, as expected, and
All eyes will be on the results of Soames' nine month long strategic review, set to be announced next March. Until then, the company is in a state of flux, with its outlook unknown to shareholders, the market and perhaps even to Soames himself.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- Back to School, Even in Immigration Jail
- Apple: Record iPhones 6 Orders on 1st Day
- U.S. Factory Output Slowed 0.4 Percent in August
- Is a Mayweather, Pacquiao Big-Money Fight Possible?
- Clinton: 'Fabulous to Be Back' in Iowa
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- DOJ Launches Program to Thwart U.S. Extremists