Reports on Physics Research Findings from Federal University Provide New Insights (Effect of pulses from a high-power ytterbium fiber laser on a material with a nonuniform refractive index. II. Production and parameters of Nd:Y2O3 nanopowders)
The news reporters obtained a quote from the research from
According to the news reporters, the research concluded: "At an air pressure in the evaporation chamber of 0.8 bar, the mean sizes of nanoparticles (13-14 nm) are virtually independent of the displacement velocity of the beam on the surface (7-81 cm/s) and the rate of air flow above the target (13-70 m/s) in spite of significantly different nanopowder production rates."
For more information on this research see: Effect of pulses from a high-power ytterbium fiber laser on a material with a nonuniform refractive index. II. Production and parameters of Nd:Y2O3 nanopowders. Technical Physics, 2014;59(5):724-732. Technical Physics can be contacted at:
Our news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore