The discount retailer, which sells everything for
"After a pleasing start to 2014/15 we are confident of further progress through the year whilst recognising our critical third quarter lies ahead of us," said Chief Executive
The retailer said profits fell after booking higher costs, mostly relating to its recent stock market flotation in
Excluding those costs and other one-off items, pretax profit rose almost 24% to
Revenues in the year increased more than 13% to
The retailer continues to improve its product offering, while its new store opening programme has continued to drive strong like-for-like sales growth.
"In addition to strong trading in the
The retailer has also just launched a Spanish trial of its Dealz brand, which it said it plans to open an initial 10 stores over the next two years.
"We continue to invest in our infrastructure to support our planned growth and we will open our new purpose-built 350,000 square feet distribution centre in Harlow in August," the company said.
The company confirmed its plans to declare its first interim dividend in the current financial year.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World