Exports of manufactured goods expanded by 14.4% on a yearly basis in May.At the same time, imports advanced by 11.9% annually in May, well above the economists' expectation for a 7.9% growth.
The trade surplus almost doubled to
Against the greenback, the ringgit rose to nearly an 8-month high of 3.1850. At yesterday's close, the rinngit was trading at 3.1945 against the greenback.
The ringgit may find resistance near the 3.18 zone.
Most Popular Stories
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Judge Orders Kurdistan Oil Seized
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007