Japanese stocks broke a three-day winning streak on Thursday, with investors eyeing the U.S. June jobs report due out later in the day.
The Hang Seng Index in
Tech stocks were mixed, with electronics giant Sony Corp. down 1.5%, industrial robot maker Fanuc Corp. off 1.1%, while semiconductor manufacturer Toshiba Corp. gained 2.5%, and console maker Nintendo Co. rose 2.1%.
Mainland property developers were well bid, as Shimao Property Holdings jumped 6.4%, Country Garden Holdings climbed 3.8%, and China Resources Land rose 2.2%. However, Want Want China Holdings, the country's top food and beverage maker, declined 3.4%.
In other markets;
The Shanghai CSI 300 added 9.33 points, or 0.4%, to 2,180.19
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia