Japanese stocks broke a three-day winning streak on Thursday, with investors eyeing the U.S. June jobs report due out later in the day.
The Hang Seng Index in
Tech stocks were mixed, with electronics giant Sony Corp. down 1.5%, industrial robot maker Fanuc Corp. off 1.1%, while semiconductor manufacturer Toshiba Corp. gained 2.5%, and console maker Nintendo Co. rose 2.1%.
Mainland property developers were well bid, as Shimao Property Holdings jumped 6.4%, Country Garden Holdings climbed 3.8%, and China Resources Land rose 2.2%. However, Want Want China Holdings, the country's top food and beverage maker, declined 3.4%.
In other markets;
The Shanghai CSI 300 added 9.33 points, or 0.4%, to 2,180.19
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Risks of Layoffs Becoming Rarer in U.S.
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years