PUB AND brewing giant
The company said its revenues were up 6.9 per cent to £1.3bn and its pretax profit was up 7.4 per cent to £158.2m.
The group added 48 new sites during the year as part of a five-year plan to increase its estate to 1,100.
Following the acquisitions, profit for the retail business grew 12 per cent compared to the prior year.
The company has during the financial year sold off 148 pubs and an additional 275 pubs after the yearend.
The sales were another part of the five-year plan to put more focus on the retail side of the business, and it led to revenue from the pub partners dropping 4.5 per cent compared to the previous year.
It reported a 4.5 per cent increased revenue from brewing and its volume share of the
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller