Horn's son Marlen said his father died Sunday in
"He passed away very peacefully and did not suffer," Marlen said. "He wasn't in any pain."
Horn's career spanned five decades, 50 albums and five Grammy nominations. He played the flute, clarinet and saxophone in concert tours and recording sessions with such artists as
His album "
Horn studied transcendental meditation alongside the Beatles with Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. Horn's albums "Inside the Taj Mahal" and "Inside the Great Pyramid" laid the groundwork for the New Age music genre and earned him the nickname "Father of New Age Music."
Horn is survived by his wife, two sons, a stepson and four grandchildren.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World