FOLLOWING the recent launch of Apple's iOS-based CarPlay in-car operating system,
Called Android Auto, the new operating system allows motorists to link their Android phones or tablets to their cars, using the car's own controls (including steering wheel and voice controls) to operate them.
In addition to live traffic information and local search, Android Auto allows users to access their music, contacts and messages while keeping their eyes on the road.
There's also an Android Auto software development kit that will allow third-party firms to develop a whole range of new apps for use in the car.
Android Auto is part of the recently-formed
Major auto brands already signed up include the
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board
- Rosneft Growth Slowed by Western Sanctions
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- Duke Energy, Strata Partner on Big Solar Project
- Lindsay Lohan Claims She Handled Whitney Houston's Body Bag
- Ukraine Offers Temporary Autonomy to Rebel-held Areas
- Cat Stevens Touring U.S., First Since 1970s
- Thousands Risk Losing Health Care Aid