In line with its commitment towards support the real sector,
The award was given to the bank during the annual banking award organised by
Speaking after receiving the award, the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of the bank, Mr.
"We didn't set out to win award but to provide value for customers and in the process of doing that somebody recognised that we are doing good and we appreciate it, "he said.
He explained that the commercial bank was able to achieve the feat because of its understanding of the market segment and provided appropriate products for the people before giving them financial support.
"We have tailor-made products for different market segment and so, as we continue to understand our market and refine products that we have, naturally if the worth comes, we will be happy, " Okonkwo added.
Meanwhile, the bank's Divisional Head, Managed SMEs, Mr.
He also pointed out that what made the bank outstanding in the area of SMEs is its hand-holding system, culture of nurturing its customers as well as partnership with the customers.
Opara, however, noted that what is important for the bank is that they have been able to show the customers direction of where they are headed that has made it for them to have sustainable businesses.
"We build capacity and provide assess to funding and market as well, "he said.
Moreover, the Executive Director,
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- U.S. Home Prices Rose at Slowest Pace in 20 Months
- Meet the YouTube Tech Review Sensation
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film