"The key ECB interest rates will remain at present levels for an extended period of time in view of the current outlook for inflation," Draghi said in
He also said the ECB will use further stimulus measures unless inflation picks up.
A better-than-expected jobs report from the US also lifted spirits, as the Dow Jones Industrial Average topped 17,000 on
The German DAX rose 1.2%, the French CAC 40 picked up 1%, and the
The payment-terminals maker said it entered exclusive negotiations for the acquisition of 100% of the share capital of GlobalCollect from its existing shareholders led by
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go
- Detroit Raced Toward this Week's Bankruptcy Trial
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- Obama on Labor Day: Don't Take Rights for Granted