The bank retained the deposit rate at -0.10%. In June, the bank slashed the rate from zero to negative, which in effect would charge Eurozone banks for parking excess funds at the ECB, a first for a leading central bank.
The marginal lending rate was held 0.40%, following the 35 basis point reduction in June.
The bank had kept rates unchanged for six consecutive months before June, despite immense pressure on it to act amid deflation risks.
Draghi is set hold his customary post-decision press conference at
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World