The bank retained the deposit rate at -0.10%. In June, the bank slashed the rate from zero to negative, which in effect would charge Eurozone banks for parking excess funds at the ECB, a first for a leading central bank.
The marginal lending rate was held 0.40%, following the 35 basis point reduction in June.
The bank had kept rates unchanged for six consecutive months before June, despite immense pressure on it to act amid deflation risks.
Draghi is set hold his customary post-decision press conference at
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks