The U.S. dollar stayed on a firm note in the upper
The euro was quoted at
The dollar inherited upward momentum against the yen from
The ADP number raised expectations for the
But market participants grew cautious in the afternoon in
"If the jobs data don't disappoint, we should see the dollar go above
He added even a reading within market forecasts of between 210,000 and 220,000 job additions would dispel worries of a flagging U.S. economy after U.S. gross domestic product data last week showed an annualized 2.9 percent contraction in the first quarter of 2014.
The euro was flat against the dollar and rebounded against the yen after slipping versus both currencies overnight amid speculation that ECB chief
The ECB is expected to leave monetary policy untouched after announcing a wide range of easing measures at its June meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Clinton Wants U.S., E.U. to Get Tough on Russia
- BlackBerry Appoints New COO from LiveOps Inc.
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American
- GM Looking for Ignition Fix for Certain Cadillacs
- U.S. Stocks Start the Week on Shaky Ground
- Perry Deploying 1,000 Troops to Texas Border