Who are these spineless
But the last of these explanations is a nonsense because
But the 60% of shareholders voting for the latest plan may now have sanctioned pounds 70m anyway. Shareholders have no way of knowing what Ashley's award will be.
If it is pounds 70m, they will have allowed
Quite right. Ashley has a 58% stake worth about pounds 2.5bn and thus does not lack motivation to put in a decent shift as an executive deputy chairman.
The 60% of compliant shareholders have sent two bad messages: first, that the normal standards of corporate governance and disclosure don't matter when the share price generally goes up; second, that they'll roll over when a big founding shareholder is sufficiently bloody-minded.
Most Popular Stories
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE