Brazilian ItaÚ Unibanco signed an negotiation agreement to offload its high-risk insurance unit, as part of a strategy to cut down on non-core business and use the proceedings to boost banking operations.
Negotiations are at an advanced stage and on the understanding that the questions are still pending. ItaÚ Unibanco expects to sign the agreement with the potential acquirer.
ItaÚ's major risk insurance unit specializes in offering coverage for giant corporate projects in sectors such as oil and gas and infrastructure. The deal may fetch
The company is expected to retain its retail and personal insurance business, as they provide stable revenues and higher returns.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Iran Digs in on Underground Nuclear Site
- Existing Home Sales in U.S. Fell in August
- U.N. Endorses Rights of Indigenous Peoples