Brazilian ItaÚ Unibanco signed an negotiation agreement to offload its high-risk insurance unit, as part of a strategy to cut down on non-core business and use the proceedings to boost banking operations.
Negotiations are at an advanced stage and on the understanding that the questions are still pending. ItaÚ Unibanco expects to sign the agreement with the potential acquirer.
ItaÚ's major risk insurance unit specializes in offering coverage for giant corporate projects in sectors such as oil and gas and infrastructure. The deal may fetch
The company is expected to retain its retail and personal insurance business, as they provide stable revenues and higher returns.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Voter IDs Must Be Free
- Market Loses All of July's Gains in One Day
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For