ENP Newswire -
Release date- 02072014 - It is a fact that electrification reduces fuel consumption in hybrid vehicles and enables electric vehicles to travel with zero emissions.
Yet for Dr.
Bosch has already put individual-axle drive into series production with PSA. In the
Additional torque and a sensation of driving on rails
Purely electric motors can also evoke considerably more emotion. As soon as the driver hits the gas pedal, the torque is there immediately - which lets electric cars pull away from traffic lights as if they had a high-performance combustion engine. One example of this is the Bosch SMG 180/120 electric motor, which powers models such as the smart fortwo electric drive and the Fiat 500e. In hybrid vehicles, however, the electric motor often serves as support. That this can also increase driving enjoyment is shown by the boost-recuperation system. In Bosch's new 48-volt hybrid, a generator supports the combustion engine with 150 newton meters of torque to deliver plenty of additional forward drive. Bosch's high-voltage hybrid technology goes even further and enables purely electric driving, for example in the Porsche Panamera plug-in. What's more, the electrical components support the combustion engine, allowing it to run at its most efficient operating point.
To demonstrate how emotive electrification can be, Bosch has produced prototypes featuring several electric motors that can accelerate individual wheels. This allows precise torque support, which greatly improves vehicle dynamics while also cutting fuel consumption by half. 'We're putting the brakes on CO2 emissions and accelerating the driver's pulse,' says Dr.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- Hispanic Enterprises Drive U.S. Economy
- Would You Trade Privacy for Job Security?
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Fed in No Rush to Raise Interest Rates
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry