Calling the meeting an IT panchayat, Prasad congratulated the Indian software industry for making the country proud. "I salute the IT industry for metamorphosing the image of
The minister emphasised on the need to make
Coming to BPOs, the minister said the government wants to spread its presence in the country including Tier I and Tier II cities. He put a special emphasis on Eastern and North-Eastern India. "Though the Western and the Southern parts of the country are developing, there is no growth happening in Eastern and North Eastern frontier.
Coming to the Electronics industry, the minister wants to give special importance to manufacturing. "In a country where mobiles have such high penetration, it is surprising to note that there are no Indian manufacturers of phones. Even chips are not designed here. It is high time we change this," said Prasad.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Mo'Ne Davis a Big Winner Despite Loss
- Advocacy Group Calls for Chrysler Probe
- DHS Warns Retailers About Malware in Cash Registers
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map