Calling the meeting an IT panchayat, Prasad congratulated the Indian software industry for making the country proud. "I salute the IT industry for metamorphosing the image of
The minister emphasised on the need to make
Coming to BPOs, the minister said the government wants to spread its presence in the country including Tier I and Tier II cities. He put a special emphasis on Eastern and North-Eastern India. "Though the Western and the Southern parts of the country are developing, there is no growth happening in Eastern and North Eastern frontier.
Coming to the Electronics industry, the minister wants to give special importance to manufacturing. "In a country where mobiles have such high penetration, it is surprising to note that there are no Indian manufacturers of phones. Even chips are not designed here. It is high time we change this," said Prasad.
Most Popular Stories
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile